To call the masala chai a treat would be an understatement. Within a cup of masala chai you have a whole ecosystem of flavors, aromas, tastes and experiences.
This Indian tea does not have a single formalized or set recipe or preparation method. It is said each family has their own recipe and way of tea preparation.
MASALA CHAI RECIPE
Brew Time: 8 mins; Servings: 2 cups
- 1 pouch Qi Aerista Ceylon No. 1 tea blend
- 1.5 cups water (345ml/12oz)
- 1 cup whole milk (230ml/8oz)
- 4 slices ginger
- 8 whole cardamons
- 8 whole cloves (optional)
- ½ teaspoon grated cinnamon (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg (optional)
- Sugar to taste
- Add water and tea pouch in Qi Aerista IoTea Brewer.
- Tap ‘Strong' mode (95C/203F, 8 mins) to brew.
- Put all the spices and ginger slices in a microwave-safe container. Microwave the mixture at medium-power for 10 seconds.
- Pour the milk into the container and add sugar. Microwave the mixture at medium-power. Pause the microwave and stir the mixture every 15 seconds until steam starts to rise.
- Drain out the solids and pour the milk into 2 cups. Add the hot tea over the milk. The ratio of milk to tea is about 1:1. Enjoy!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE THESE RECIPES :