Bubble tea was first introduced in Taiwan in the 1980's. Since then, it is quickly gaining popularity around the world!
This sweet & delicious drink is made by mixing milk tea with chewy boba pearls made from tapioca, a plant-based starch.
1-MINUTE TEA RECIPE
Rick from Qi Aerista shows how to brew easy Taiwanese Bubble Tea with Qi Aerista!
TAIWANESE BUBBLE TEA RECIPE
Brew Time: 8 mins; Cook Time: 6 mins; Servings: 2 cups
- 2 cups of water
- 1 pouch (12g) of Qi Aerista Ceylon No1 Tea Blend
- 1/2 cup of Tapioca Boba Pearls
- 1 tbsp of black sugar syrup
- 1 tbsp of creamer powder
- 1.5 tbsp honey
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of ice cubes
Step 1 - Brew Tea
- Add water and tea pouch in the Qi Aerista IoTea Brewer. Use the 'Strong' (95C/8 mins) mode to brew the tea.
- Pour the finished tea into a jug and let cool at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Step 2 - Cook Boba Pearls
- Cook boba in boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove heat and cover for 3 minutes.
- Strain and add black sugar syrup to taste.
Tip: Adjust boba cooking time to your desired chewiness. Boba pearls are available on Amazon. Some versions are microwavable.
Step 3 - Mix & Stir
- Mix 1/2 of the tea, creamer, and honey in a jug. Mix in ice cubes, the remaining tea and milk.
- Pour milk tea over boba in tall cup. ENJOY~~