Qi Aerista Post-Campaign Update #9
Hello Qi Aerista Supporters!
Here's our regular bi-weekly update to our wonderful backers.
We were excited to welcome the finished prototype parts arriving at our office over the past couple of weeks. They embodied over 30 latest design revisions in preparation for mass production.
The most noticeable change in appearance is the smaller base, which reduces our tabletop footprint by over 33%. You can see the size comparison between the old and new base in overlapped and side-by-side view, where the respective diameters are 220mm and 180mm.
We have also received our redesigned PCB that is customized for our smaller base. We took time to assemble the electronic components onto the PCB to form a complete PCBA. It's one thing to see things on the drawing board, but it's rather incredible to see all the PCBA components come together in tangible form that can offer Qi Aerista's many great brewing functions with a size that is smaller than the palm of the hand.
After the prototype parts and PCBA have been fully assembled, rigorous testing will take place to verify the different Qi Aerista functions. One of the key areas to check is how water circulation performs with the redesigned fluid conduit structure. Initial testing with cold and hot water shows our design revisions work rather well.
Over the next 2 weeks we will see:
- A few more prototype parts coming in after design adjustments and surface treatment
- Firmware being upgraded to work with the new PCBA
- Integrated testing with fully assembled prototype, PCBA and firmware
- Final design to be confirmed with our manufacturing partners prior to entering the next phase in production
- Engagement with app and IoT cloud service partners for app upgrades and smart device platform integration
Together we are making Qi Aerista a reality!
Rick @ Qi Aerista